This privacy statement sets out how the Open College of the Arts (OCA) complies with European Union data protection regulations and the ways in which your data is used or shared by this website. We may update or replace this policy when required, so please check this page on occasion to ensure you’re up to date with this policy.
OCA will only collect and process personal data through this website for the purposes outlined below:
- For sending out relevant information by Email through Mailchimp (only if you voluntarily sign up to our Mailing lists)
- For analysing traffic trends to improve the website visitors’ experience (Google Analytics)
- For issuing Push Notifications to those who opt-in to these (Pushcrew)
Who we share your data with
- Mailchimp – by signing up to one of our Mailing Lists (e.g. the Weekly E-bulletin), your data (first name, surname, Email address) will be shared with Mailchimp, a USA-hosted service which is signed up to the Privacy Shield Agreement. You may unsubscribe from these lists at any time through links in the Email footers, or by emailing OCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kinsta.com – This website is hosted in London, UK by Kinsta.com.
- Pushcrew – This opt-in service allows Push Notifications of new and updated articles to be sent to you through your browser or to your mobile device
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer, but these may stop our website from functioning properly.
The cookies used on this site are not strictly necessary for it to function, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously).
This Website Will:
- Track the pages you visit on this site via Google Analytics
- If you wish to use the ‘social’ buttons, those social networks will set a temporary cookie to allow you to make a post from this website
This Website Will:
- Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google and Pinterest
This website will not:
- Share any personal information with third parties without adequate data protections (e.g., Privacy Shield agreement) in place.